Saturday, April 15, 2023

Patti’s 1880s Settlement | Landmark Landing

     https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hDuhYHtqD5SFjNs7b2HZQTz1zhpPNFcp

     At the time I’m writing this post, my mother and I are traveling. We’re making our way through western Kentucky, bound for Tennessee. Our appetites were growing, and she had made a suggestion of where we should stop to eat. She recalled a place she had eaten once before, called Patti’s 1880s Settlement. Just from the name, of course I was interested. 

     This restaurant is completely 1880s themed, even down to the clothing of the employees. The entrance features a fair sized gift shop, full of decor, knickknacks, and souvenirs. We were seated after a short wait, (and after I had purchased a magnet for my already overcrowded refrigerator door) and greeted by the kindest staff. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nsgvVJr0UB3rD7SbisbBoH9I0UjAJc3Z

     Imagine my surprise when the waitress brought to the table a terracotta flower pot with fresh homemade bread flowing out of it. She placed a small cup on the table, filled with their specialty, strawberry butter. I’ll admit I was skeptical, but now I insist that you all try it. The sweet and savory combination is to die for. Both my mother and I both ordered seafood, and we both agree it was fabulous. 

     If you are ever near Grand Rivers, Kentucky, I highly recommend stopping by Patti’s 1880s Settlement. Not only a great eatery, but it is surrounded by a quaint, charming village. If you ever visit, let me know what you think! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment