Saturday, June 15, 2024

165 Scenic Overlook - Branson, Missouri | Landmark Landing



View from Overlook, taken by Jennie Moore

    Hello everyone, and welcome back to the blog! I want to share with you a beautiful place my family and I visited during our last trip to Branson, Missouri. Branson has no shortage of natural beauty, as it lies in the heart of the Ozark Mountains. Many tourists will see only the hotspots downtown, and although just as special, I recommend taking the time to see the views that have been Branson's beauty for thousands to millions of years.

View from Overlook, taken by Jennie Moore
    

    Located along Highway 165, this scenic overlook may be my favorite in the Branson area. From this peak you can admire downtown Branson, Lake Taneycomo, Table Rock Dam, and more. Below you can watch athletes golfing away on the lush course, along with beautiful homes along the lakeshore. In the distance, the rolling hills seem to go on forever, meeting the bright blue sky. If you visit in the summer like we had, the floral smells are carried up the hillside and stimulate the senses. 

Myself at Overlook, taken by dad

    Something I haven't shared on the blog much, is that I am disabled. I have several chronic conditions that cause pain, and limit my mobility. I struggle to climb, hike, or walk long distances, which can make my passion of traveling challenging. Although I am endlessly grateful for locations which accommodate those with disabilities, and I want to be more vocal on this going forward. I want to help others like me decide which places are best suitable for them to visit. I am happy to say that this lookout was perfect for someone like me. Parking is directly across the road from the lookout spot, and requires minimal walking. However the surface area is quite rough as seen in the photo above, which is something to keep in mind for those using mobility aids such as a scooter or wheelchair.

My father and step mother at Overlook, taken by Jennie Moore

    Here is my parents enjoying the view as well. They are also travel lovers and two of the biggest supporters of the blog. If it wasn't for them and their companionship, I would not be able to produce nearly as much content, or be able to do so many projects. My step mother Holly (pictured) loves the Branson area, and introduced me to Branson's scenic side. The bright lights and music are something to behold, but don't let it keep you from all the other great things to see. Thank you for reading and I hope this has inspired you to get outdoors on your next visit to Branson! If you have any must-see Branson attractions, leave a comment or send me an email!

2 comments:

  1. I will check that out next time, did you take the Branson scenic railway? We did that last year, very cool !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have been twice and taken both routes that they alternate, and it was amazing! The views are just incredible!

      Delete