Sunday, May 12, 2019

Q & A | A Little More About Me



     Hi everyone!  Today's post is a fun activity between my audience and I.  I thought since I am still a new blog and this is only my third post, we'd have a little more fun getting to know each other!  I asked on social media for your questions that you had for me.  In this post, I will be answering all of your questions.  I loved reading what you all wanted to know about me, I found your questions super interesting.  I thank all of you who submitted me questions from the bottom of my heart.  These fun posts would not be possible without you.  Without further ado, onto your questions!

1. "How do you maintain a healthy relationship?"

     Having a healthy relationship is something that almost everyone strives for.  Though as desirable as it may be, many find it hard to achieve.   To be honest, I don't think there is an exact formula for a healthy relationship.  Everyone is different.  Everyone acts different, and everyone perceives different.  It can also be particularly hard to have a healthy, stable relationship at a young age.  At this time in our lives, we are growing into our adult selves.  This can cause a lot of turmoil and confusion within yourself, and that absolutely can translate into your relationship.  Now as bad as this may seem, that does not mean a young, healthy relationship isn't possible!  Though there is no set in stone procedure, here are some things I have learned in my own experience. 
     Some people are a match, some people are not.  And Unfortunately, most people don't realize that they are not a match for their partner until they are well into the relationship.  This happens because you naturally learn more about a person as you spend more time with them. Small inconveniences you brushed aside in the whirlwind can come back to be major issues later.  As my grandfather says, "You can't fit a square peg in a round hole."  It's easy to put your attraction first, and it some cases it works, but not always.  So I advise everyone to take the time to find if you are a true match with your interest.  Try a courtship before a full fledged relationship.  Ask questions, discuss topics.  Get to know then before you invest.  This way you save yourself the time, and hurt.  You are much more likely to have a solid relationship if you first determine that you are compatible with this person.  In contrast, don't create a cookie cutter image in your mind of what a match for you is.  A match isn't necessarily someone who is like you.  Be prepared for your match to have a different life, hobbies and interests, because this very well could be the case!  In my opinion, a match isn't someone who shares the same surface layers with you, but someone who shares the same core layers.  It doesn't mean a thing if you both like walks on the beach and watching sunsets if you are not on the same page mentally, emotionally, and morally.  You really need to have the same wants and expectations out of the relationship.  It's also very important to have the same morals and values.  As you can see, my partner aside from these keys are black and white (quite literally) but because we share the same core layers, our opposites actually compliment each other! These are what I believe are the bases of a healthy relationship.
     As for once you've done all of this and are in an established relationship, the keys to always keep are respect for one another, just the right amount of patience, and very importantly, communication.  You have to learn how to calmly communicate with one another.  This is how you will be able so solve issues as one.  I really hope this has helped, and again, everyone's experiences are different, but this is what I have learned from mine.

2. "How did your diagnosis change you?"

     I actually love this question, because it has so many answers.  A life change like a diagnosis can and will have much impact on a person.  Though not all of the impact has to be negative!  I was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes at age three.  As sharp as my memory is, I don't remember a lot of not being diabetic.  I usually get a pitiful response when I announce the age I was diagnosed, and though of course it was hard at the time, I really don't know any better.  The only true memory I have before and is relevant to the diagnosis was sitting at my mom's feet, eating a pudding cup.  I recall feeling very odd after eating, which turned out to be none other than Diabetes.  Growing up with it was very much an interesting process.  There was never a dull moment, even when I wished there would be.  It has put me through a lot.  Lots of sickness, and lots of hospital visits.  As terrible as it sounds, I wouldn't take it back.  I have gained so much strength, knowledge, and empathy though these times.  Though I would very much prefer to NOT do it again, I walked away with things I did not have when I walked in.  This also goes for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, and honestly whatever the issue may be.  There is always something to be taken from hard times, even if you can't see it at the time.  Also, it is okay if you didn't see it at the time, because I didn't either.  Though you can't grow a foot in a week without some growing pains.
     As far as specific changes go, there are a few traits I have that I don't know if I would if I hadn't had these obstacles.  First, I am without a doubt the mom friend.  Every group has a mom friend, but I am momming on another level.  Need a drink?  Got it.  Need a lunch?  Packed it.  Have an injury?  Grab the customized first aid kit in my backpack.  There isn't much I'm not prepared for.  But as silly as it seems, this has all came in handy more than once!  So, I think its a pretty goof trait to have.

3. "What is your diagnosis?"

     Currently, at age 17, I have been diagnosed with the following: Type One Juvenile Diabetes, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Possible Endometriosis, Asthma, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).  I also have no immunity, so I get sick rather often.  I am also very prone to accident and injury.  No real reason why other than the fact that I'm radically clumsy.  It is absolutely hilarious.  I come by it honest though, it's in my genes! (Sorry, mom.)

4. "What's a vivid, good memory you have from your childhood?"

     I feel pretty blessed, as I have always had a sharp memory.  I've had many people ask me the most odd and specific questions to see if I can really remember, and most times, I can!  I'm pretty sure I have a photographic memory, though I remember a lot of full scenarios as well.  I have so many great childhood memories, but there is one that stuck out to me when I read this question. 
     As I've mentioned in my introduction post, I traveled with my family as a child.  They are in the music business, which of course resulted in touring.  This was a great time in my life, as my entire family was in on these trips.  We traveled in our small bus for hours on hours, days on days.  I have a particular travel memory that has always stuck out to me, and I think it is because of the wholesome happiness we all felt at the time.  It was late at night, and we had been on the road for some time.  I believe we were out west somewhere, likely in Kansas or Oklahoma.  There was only flatness for miles, as the sky got darker and darker in the night.  I had my small face smushed up against the window, counting the dashes in the highway's center line.  Granted, I was around three years old, so I likely only counted to ten and started over, but that is besides the point.
     By this time, everyone on the trip was tired and hungry.  Myself included, which still hasn't changed in case you were wondering.  We drove on and on, stomachs rumbling.  When we traveled, we took the bus and a van to carry everyone.  We always traveled together, the van following the bus.  (I'm sure you've concluded by now that we were quite the group.)  Well, about this time, the van called up to the bus, expressing that they were on the same page. 
     I don't know if you've ever been to Oklahoma, but you get into stretches where there is absolutely nothing but highway.  Of course, we were in one of those stretches, and they can go for miles.  After what seemed like forever, though it very well could've been just 15 minutes that seemed like forever in my child mind, we saw light on the horizon.  On the right ride of the highway sat a little diner, attached to a gas station I believe.  It was small and a tad run down, but it really didn't make us any difference.  We all piled out of the vehicles like clowns out of a clown car, and went into the diner.  They pushed tables together for all of us to sit around like one long dinner table.  None of us got anything fancy, but we all really enjoyed getting out and a much needed meal together.  I remember the all the chatting and laughing like it was yesterday.  That will always be a great memory from my childhood.

5. "What do you strive to be when you're older?"

     I want to be happy, and I most definitely want to do something to make others happy.  I would really like to be able to have my hand in good causes.  I want to be able to do my part.  I really enjoy putting work and help into local causes and small businesses.  I would love to work my way to having the means to be able to do that consistently.  That would bring me a lot of joy and I really hope to bring joy to other people.  (This seems like a really overthought beauty pageant answer, but it's the truth.)
 
6. "What do you want do career wise?"

     I would really like to do something in the history field.  I have always had a passion for history, historic preservation to be specific.  I would love to have my hand in saving historic artifacts, sites, and properties.  I've always loved historic homes in particular, so to be really specific, my dream job would be to save old homes.  Of course this is a huge job that would take a lot of skill, knowledge, and patience.  I would need the funds and a great team, but I'm hopeful!  It's hard work, but it is a work I have a burning love for.  In the meantime, I do really love writing and having this blog.  I hope I can ride this train for a long time!

7. "What's your favorite musical artist?"

     This is such a tough question.  After growing up in the music industry, I have such a passion for music.  Not a day goes by that I don't have something playing.  If I had to pick,  I think I would say fun.  I have been very loyal to fun. for many years and I never get tired of their music.  I'm growing gray hair waiting on the next album, but it'll be worth it when it comes!

8. "What's your favorite book?"

     I am pretty new to the reading scene, honestly.  I never liked reading in school.  I didn't start reading willingly until after I was home schooled at 14, and especially after I graduated in January.  Now I have a handful of books that I like, so it's tough to pick a favorite.  I suppose so far the book I was the most invested in would have to be "Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry" by Mildred D. Taylor.  It is a really touching and eye opening story about racism in America during The Great Depression.

9. "What's your favorite movie?"

     I've never been a big movie watcher even though I have a love for film.  I've always had a preference for short films opposed to large Hollywood movies. Though  I'm currently watching "Chaplin" and I'm really liking it so far!

10. "If you could live anywhere, where would you?"

     In contrast to popular opinion, I think I would stay right here.  I see many people expressing how much they want to leave Missouri, but I feel quite the opposite.  I love it here, I always have.  I suppose it does depend on the kind of lifestyle you are wanting to live, but Southeast Missouri has everything I want!  It's home, and its awesome!  Though if I had to pick somewhere else, it would have to be Tennessee.  I love road tripping in Tennessee, I always look forward to it.  It's a beautiful state with a lot of fun places to go.

11. "Would you ever get a tattoo?"

     I think I would!  I have been thinking on it for quite sometime.  I would really like to get something small that reflects the best side of me, and bring out happy thoughts.  I'm still thinking on what that will be, but I definitely see a tattoo in my future!

12.  "What's the farthest you've traveled?"

     I believe that would be Washington D.C.  It was a 16 or 17 hour drive, but entirely worth it.  I loved D.C. and will be doing some posts on it in the future!

13.  "Do you collect anything?"

     I collect post cards!  I'm not a hardcore collector but I always grab the ones I like.  I purchase them from destinations I visit and I have some old ones that caught my eye.  They're fun to flip through as they all have a story, rather it's yours or someone else's.

14.  "Where does your love for animals come from?"

     I have always loved animals, but it has definitely grown as I've gotten older.  I enjoyed learning about animals as a child, and I've become more hands on with them since I became a teenager.  I've always had a dog in my life, and I can't fathom how people live without one!  I've grown up on a farm, spending a lot of time with cattle and the sweetest horse by the name of Jessie.  My family also adopted a cat when I was around 13, and my love just expanded from there.  I adopted 2 hermit crabs in 2017, and I still love them just as much (if not more) than when I got them.  I've had several fish tanks over the past few years, and I am still loving caring for them.  I adopted 2 parakeets last year, and had one surrendered to me this January!  My latest addition who was also surrendered to me is my sweet guinea pig, Gerald.  My passion for these critters only grow.  They have been amazing therapy animals, and caring for them brings happiness into the dreary days of being too ill to leave the house.  I will be making a post completely dedicated to my pets in the near future!

15. "What's it like being raised in a musical family?"

     Honestly, it's great.  I have learned so much just from observing, and I've gained a lot of perspective due to meeting so many people.  Being shy, I have found that there is still a place for people like me in the industry.  If you love music, there is a place for you.  I got to learn by experience as a child, which was such a blessing.  Children are like sponges, and being able to spend my sponge era soaking in the country is such a gift.  I will be making a post just on this topic in the future, so if you're interested in hearing more on this topic, stay tuned!

     Thank you everyone for sending such awesome questions!  I had so much fun making this post and I would love to do another Q & A in the future!  I hope you enjoyed and will come back next time!

With love, Jennie




0 comments:

Post a Comment