Monday, April 13, 2020

Glamlite Cake Palette Review | Jennie’s Vanity

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IOWqmwVXyUVFlv1z02CJCPYocsRYyZwW 
Glamlite Cake Palette

     Hi everyone, and welcome back to the blog!  Today's post is pretty exciting, as it is my first post in my beauty series, "Jennie's Vanity"!  As most of you know, I have had a love for cosmetics for years.  Makeup artistry has been one of my most dedicated hobbies, and I decided it was time to take it one step further.  I have been posting my makeup looks on my social media for years, and have always dreamed of going more in depth. In this series I will be sharing all things beauty, from reviews, to favorites, to hauls.  When a Jennie's Vanity post goes up, there will be a corresponding post on my social media.  I hope y'all enjoy this new series!

Product:     

     Glamlite Cosmetics is a brand that I have had my eye on for a while.  They are known for their unique style branding, and iconic products such as the Burger Palette.  Glamlite's products have been reviewed by the most popular beauty gurus, like Nikkie Tutorials and Jeffree Star.  After announcing their newest release, the Cake Palette, I knew it was time to get my hands on the magic of Glamlite.  The Cake Palette is a brightly colored eyeshadow palette of 20 shades, that  retails for $40.00 on glamlite.com. I had spoken on my Instagram about the Cake Palette being the newest addition to my wish list, and it had fallen on the most generous of eyes.  My close friend Anna was kind enough to purchase and gift this palette to me.  For that I cannot thank her enough, and it makes this palette all the more special. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1E56kopuoJ_2Vyt5VkaeyPL30oV7VY8BW
     

     First things first, I have to appreciate how quickly the palette arrived.  It only took three days for the palette to depart from Glamlite, and arrive at my home.  It was well and safely packaged, with no harm to the product in transit.  I have to praise the box that the palette comes in, as many brands don't put as much work into the outer carton like Glamlite.  The packaging is well thought out, creative, and overall a touch I really appreciated.  It goes without saying that the interior of the palette is gorgeous, with the eye immediately being drawn to the brightly colored eyeshadows.  I really love the color story of this palette, it is without a doubt a product that inspires me to create.

Application:    

     Upon diving in, I found the matte shadows to be very well pigmented, and easy to pick up on the brush.  It dispersed a fair amount of product, without too much fallout.  I first applied the shade "Key Lime" into the crease, defusing it up toward the brow bone.  I then dipped into shade "Icy Mint", putting that in the crease and blending it just under the first shade, leaving the edge of "Key Lime" still visible. For the final matte shade, and the one I was most excited about, I applied "Birthday Cake" in the lower crease, outer V, and outer lid.  This shade is the star of the palette in my opinion, and without a doubt one of the most impressive matte blue shades I have ever used. All of the matte shades translated well on the eyes, staying true to the color they appeared in the pan.  The mattes were even, and easy to blend. 

     I have to say, I am a fan of bright colors, and I am almost always wearing some kind of colorful eyeshadow.  I find that brightly colored eyeshadows can be very hit and miss, especially from brand to brand, but the matte shades of the Cake Palette are definitely a hit.  

     When it came time to add some shimmer into the look, I was eager to dip in.  I cut my crease with concealer and decided to go in with shade "Blueberry".  It applied well and stood out on the eye, but of course, I decided it needed more.  I then applied shade "Lavender" over shade "Blueberry" which gave it a light duo-chrome shift that was to die for.  The last shade I added, also a shimmer, was "Blue Raspberry".  I put that shade on the edge of the shimmers to make the transition into "Birthday Cake" a little more cohesive.  The shimmers applied beautifully, with an almost creamy texture.  I find that they apply best with a finger like most shimmers do, but could be applied with a brush if you have the patience to layer up the product. 

     I am eager to say that both formulas performed well, and Glamlite's shadow formula's as a whole are right on target for my standards.  The only disclaimer is that the eyeshadows may stain.  This is not uncommon for brightly colored eyeshadows, are will not cause any harm.  I noticed pink staining on the lid where "Blueberry" and Lavender" were applied, and I noticed staining from shade "Birthday Cake" on the outer lid.  The staining was mild and faded away withing a few hours, and could easily could be covered with foundation or concealer in the meantime.  It is also important to note that I am very fair complected, so someone of a darker skin tone may not experience staining at all.  I personally don't mind the staining and it will not deter me from a good product, though I thought it was worth mentioning.

Final Thoughts & Photos:

     Overall, I really enjoyed using the Cake Palette, and it will absolutely have a home in my collection.  This product not only meets, but exceeds my personal standards.  I was able to create a look I was very happy with, and I'm eager to keep creating with this palette.  I would recommend this product to anyone looking for bright, colorful, and well performing eyeshadows.  I feel that the array of shades provide the perfect variety of color, and endless creative opportunity.  I will continue to share my look using this palette, and can't wait to see what Glamlite does next. 

     Thank you all so much for reading, and I hope you are feeling inspired to dip into your makeup and be creative.  I hope y'all enjoyed the first post in this new series, and tune into the next installment.  I can't thank my followers enough for giving me the opportunity to pursue and share my art. Thank you. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qn13zbctqoJ1F8WXXj4dbeo0GzAozHIb

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mCMxG9FPfbYMdO-MWXAp4lyXe6ZcrXoa
     
     With love, Jennie


















0 comments:

Post a Comment